NLR fire victim identified | News
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The victim of Wednesday's house fire in North Little Rock has been identified.
According to police, 53-year old Darla Deblock was found dead in her bed at her home on Gum Street.
Capt. John Plasterer said officers saw the fire around 3:30 a.m. while patrolling the area of 4500 N. Gum. Firefighters responded and put the fire out.
Firefighters found a Deblock dead in her bedroom.
Neighbors said it's likely Deblock would have needed a little assistance getting out of the home.
Authorities said the fire started in the bedroom and no foul play is expected. The fire likely started by a space heater.